...You Meet The Nicest People On A Honda Classic, Join With Us Brur... KETUA : C'not ( 021 945 23243 ), HUMAS INFO : Andy ( 021 921 25346), HUMAS SPAREPART : Sinyo ( 021 905 80666), HUMAS MEKANIK : Jawa (021 994 42896), Email : motuba.club@gmail.com

24 December 2008

Honda 50 Step-Thru!

Back in 1965 I passed for a normal, well adjusted high spirited teenager. Truly. So naturally I dreamt of slapping my 'L' plates on a Honda 50 step-thru! No, wake up, it's only a dream… but it wasn't. Long before I became Big Twin man (more in episode two) I was Step Thru boy. The '65 Honda Cub was my Grandad's bike. It lived under a cover in the front garden of his house at Chingford. We visited Grandad every Sunday and I'd lift the cover for a look at the bike as soon as we walked through the gate. Why he handed me the key one cold December day I wasn't really sure, but I certainly remember that first ride. I wobbled away up the dual carriageway and soon got the hang of the thing. Let's face it, there's not much to get the hang of on a Honda Cub. You just had to remember which way to push the switch for left and right on the new fangled blinkers. Otherwise it was just a kick start, semi-auto 3 speed box (no clutch lever) and a 49cc pushrod engine that revved like a mad thing. What's 'running in' Grandad?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, bro!

Happy blogging,

Honda C70|Pass Port|Super cub